10 Ways To Get The Most Out Of What You Eat
1. Never skip breakfast. This fuels you to get your day off to a good start, increasing your metabolic efficiency and increasing your mental effectiveness
2. Chew your food slowly and thoroughly. This maximizes digestion and avoids fermentation and putrefaction of food in the colon. The body can only use what is fully digested.
3. Combine foods properly. This will ensure food is digested properly. You should not eat starches and proteins at the same meal. Do not eat fruits with any other foods. Example: melons should be eaten with other melons for good digestion. Desserts should be eaten 2 hours after your meal.
4. Drinking liquids with a meal. Liquids should be ½ hour before a meal and 1-3 hours after a meal. This allows you to feel fuller so you do not overeat. Drinking liquids with your meals interferes with proper digestion.
5. Eat in a relaxed environment. Do not eat while tensed or stressed. Avoid loud music, TV and other stressful environments while eating. Otherwise proper digestion is compromised.
6. Do not overeat. This causes you to lose the benefits of the healthy meal.
7. Sit down while eating. Do not multi-task while eating. This helps to ensure that your body is in the most ideal state and physical position for appropriate food transit and digestion.
8. Do not eat 3-4 hours before bedtime. Your sleep will be compromised because digestive processes are attempting to breakdown the food.
9. Do not drink very hot/cold liquids initially. This weakens digestion and compromises the nervous system.
10. Allow ample time for total digestion of previous meal. 4-6 hours between meals is ideal to allow the last meal to digest properly unless you have a specific health condition.