CHEERS! Celery Juice to kick off the New Year!
I get my celery stalks from the farmers market, which I always add to my green drinks! Celery is a rich source of sodium and potassium making it an excellent electrolyte replacement drink. It lowers blood pressure and acts a natural diuretic, helping to flush toxins from the body.
Celery Essentials Juice Recipe
• 3 stalks of celery with leaves
• ½ of pineapple
• 1 inch of fresh ginger root
• 1 dessert spoon of flaxseed oil
1. Scrub the fruit and vegetables using a veggie wash and a stiff vegetable brush even if they are organic. Keep the leaves on the celery.
2. No need to peel the ginger however you must peel the pineapple
3. Slice the fruit to fit your juicer. A twin gear is the best juice extractor
4. Stir in the flaxseed oil after you juice (high in omega 3’s)
Tip: This drink is great for digestion and immunity